Monday, March 11, 2013

Experiment

Remember my post about the Sharon Shamber class?
She told us she dips her thread in mineral oil.
She said it helps with breakage and reduces lint.
Also, it will keep Lola lubricated.
So, I decided to give it a try.

I've missed King Tut thread, with his thick, delish colors dancing across my flimsies.
Lola and Tut do not play well together.
I think it's the whole royalty thing, which case I have to agree with her.
Lola & I are kindred spirits in so many ways.
Only she is not demented.
What is wrong with me that I cannot write a post without getting off on some imaginary tangents.
Bonkers, I tell you. Bonkers!




I chickened out and only dipped halfway down the cone.
I was afraid of over oiling...I'm already worried about it seeping from the thread to my flimsy.




More emotional instability on my part.
I like it in my little world...they know me here.
I'm very weird.
Especially about my thread.
OK...back to the experiment.


I'm counting on the law of gravity to evenly distribute the oil.
I'll let it sit overnight and try it out on a practice piece.
If this works, I'll be over the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.