Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Experiment Day 2

I find it hilarious that I am conducting an experiment.
Brings back memories of frogs floating in jars.
And notebooks
And singed eyebrows and a Bunson burner.
Do they even have Bunson burners these days?

As you can see, gravity worked pretty well.
altho, when you are 'in person', you can see that there is still more oil on the top of the cone.




I got through all this without the thread breaking.
So, the oil does help with breakage somewhat.



However, after some more sewing, it started to break again.
I have always had a theory that the heat generated by the needle is just too much stress on 100% cotton thread like this.
But that is just my theory.
Not founded in any fact, just some thoughts rattling around my cranium.
And when I loosened it up enough to stop the breaking, I had inconsistent stitches.
See those little blue mountains in my stitches?
Not good.



Oh well, it didn't cure my king tut problems, but I might just use it anyway.
If it keeps Lola-baby lubricated and the lint to a minimum, why not?
After I check tomorrow and make sure the oil doesn't seep onto my top.

Stay tuned.

UPDATE....
AFTER 2 days, there is no sign of oil on the top. 
And, I've also wrestled with the tension enough that thread doesn't break if I go SLOW.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.