Monday, March 4, 2013

Sharon Shamber

I'm a lucky girl.
The day after getting home from Florida, I hopped in the car and drive to Johnstown.
For a class with the talented quilter, Sharon Shamber.

The class was organized by Sue.
I met Sue at Deloa Jones retreat a few years back.
Heidi, my Apqs friend from Albany, mentioned me to Sue as someone who might be interested.
I'm so grateful to Heidi.
She has really helped me get connected in the world of longarmers.

It was held in the cutest shop, Quilting in the Home. In Johnstown.
The owners were so gracious.
And I got a jumbo Best Press and a fabulous red backing fabric.
Yummy!

I ate Chinese for lunch and salad for dinner.
What a pig I made of myself.
I will be on starvation for the rest of the week to try to regain my healthy diet.
Sheesh!
I've got no will power, sometimes.

The class was basic feathers.
Sharon is famous for feathers.
She's won many best in show for her quilts.
She has many videos and her own LA related company.
She broke them down into segments which makes them easy to understand.
I love feathers.
I hope to one day be proficient at them.
Sharon says I can do it, but I need to practice.
That's what I plan to do this afternoon.
Load a practice piece and work on them.

Sharon also reads people's auras.
At first, this frightened me.
I'm such a guarded and private person in some areas of my life.
But when she read me, well, I didn't mind.
It was really fascinating.
Listening to her talk about colors and their meaning.
Everybody is supposed to have a little of each color, but the dominant ones say a lot about you.
Apparently, I'm mostly yellowy-gold and silver.
And silkie...which means I'm still working on myself.
And I have turquoise on the side.
And red.
I'm glad I have red...we all know I LOVE red.

There I go with the "we" thing again.
Do you think I am schizophrenic?
Maybe that's who I'm talking about?
My other egos?
My mind is wandering again....
It's a good thing this is written so I can look back to remember where I was when I veered off course.

Ok....focus.
She even talked about my kids.
Kelly...she said she was beautiful.
John...she said he was prophetic.
Jimmy...she said he was still immature and I need to let him go so he can grow. :-(
She said Phil has nice legs.
I have always liked his legs.
She said I should compete with my quilts.
She said I need to stop distracting myself and get to practicing so I can grow as an artist.
I wonder if I'm distracting myself right now?
She said I have the color sense and stamina for competition.
I don't know about that...we'll see, I guess.
Hmmmm....
Most of her stuff was spot on.
Except when she said I want to be famous.
I like being anonymous.

I'm off to load a piece and work on my skills.



I got this pic from Sue of the whole group of us.
Thanks Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.