Monday, September 2, 2013

Mimi & Pat's Excellent Upstate Adventure ... Part 1

I mentioned the Fair to Mimi & Pat, and they seemed interested. 
Swear to God!
So, I did what I had to do.
I took them to the Great New York State Fair. 
The bus was uber-crowded. 
Its air conditioned, and we got seats, so we were fine. 
I love these two....my card playing buddies. 
And good sports about obnoxious photos for my blogs. 

I thought we'd sit at Chevy Court and listen to the Happy Together performance. 
And be...well....happy together. 
Maybe check out the Butter Sculpture, since we three are such art enthusiasts. 
As a rule, long walks in hot, steamy weather are a no no in Mimi's world. 
Apparently, this rule has one exception. 
Live Animals. 
So, off we went. 
First, to the Butter sculpture. 
Then to the dairy barn. 
Adult cows and calves...so bloody cute!
Next stop, the horse show. 
Impressive animals, indeed!
One of the riders was actually wearing sequins. 
The only male rider won.
Suspicious. 
Moving on to...
Who knew my sister loved swine?
Now we know. 
Best of show...Abigail. 
She was one pretty goat!
A Sudafed break, of course.
All that hay makes for a sneezy Mimi. 
A beer, hot dog and onion rings...
And then, 
THE POULTRY BARN 
His name was Jeff. 
The Rooster Crowing Contest. 
Bunnies...
They're so much cuter when they aren't eating my plants. 
Angora bunny. Comic!
ADORBS!
She can't help herself. 
What!?!
Now that's a fresh egg!

There were guinea pigs, too.
They resemble mice, so I skipped that row. 

Next stop....Niagara Falls!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.