Saturday, September 14, 2013

A visit from Barb

Barb emailed me a few days ago.
Her cousin needs a lung transplant.
Ugh.
She had this gorgeous flimsy and wanted to donate it for a raffle at a fundraiser for him. 
Could I quilt it for her by the first of October?
Just a simple all over. 

Sure, bring it up and I'll quilt it while you wait.
So she did.
Today.
It was great to see her.
Barb is a wonderful person, inside & out. 

I love how it turned out...
Those swirls are so easy and they ALWAYS look great. 
Done in 2 hours.
Lola was a bit moody, but not too bad ... 3 thread breaks. 
Hobbs 80/20 batting. 
Rainbows green variegated thread, magna glide purple bobbin. 
And a gorgeous batik back.
I hope it makes some money for the cause. 
I'd love to win it. 

Thanks for letting me quilt it for you, Barb!
And for the yummy DHT dinner. 




2 comments:

  1. You are very welcome for the yummy dinner, although, I had very little to do with it being yummy. And thank you for the visit and long arming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you sell lots of chances for it!
      Let me know how it goes.

      Delete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.