Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Oh Em Gee

The saga continues....
It was a sad day at Francis today. 
It's so hard to watch families say goodbye to their loved ones. 
The stoic ones always get me. 

I came straight home after working my shift.
It's an absolutely gorgeous day here.
Not a cloud in the sky, breezy, dry air...
PERFECT....made to order kinda day. 

I grab my zero gravity chair, a Fresca, Frannie & Alvin and head outside to sit in the sun.  
It was me, my pets, the sun and the chirping birds.
Tried to call Patty back, no answer. 
I must've nodded off.
I woke to a squeaking sound. 

Focus.....
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?
Is that Alvin under the patio table with 2 legs & a tail hanging out of his mouth?
Of course it is.
A bloodcurdling scream, (I'm pretty sure my neighbors will be calling the psych ward any day now)
I run to the back door. 
Alvin followed me.
What?
No, Alvin, you will be dining al fresca.
I ran to the garage...locked. 
I keyed in the code...
Inside....
Close the doors, windows and blinds. 
It was close, but I managed this without soiling myself. 

Phil's phone is on the fritz...I had to call his office. 
The secretary answered...
Of course she did...
I tried to sound sane...
Epic fail.

I'm back on the chair with my feet up.
Alvin is outside. 
Phil's going to call me after his meeting. 
Really?

I gotta get over this....
It is completely irrational.
Do you think they have mice at the sanatorium?




3 comments:

  1. Meg, fear is NEVER rational! :) I am SCARED to death of heights! 2nd step on a 3 step stool is my max! No clue why I am scared, but...I can't breathe, I feel dizzy, etc. probably the same way you feel about mice! Don't like them, but I can dispose of them...spiders...I've gotten better about not screaming...
    we have been having mice, too. due to flooding and so much rain! cats are good about catching and bringing to me :(
    sorry!!!!

    Kathi in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathi, I sent you email reply then noticed you are a no reply blogger. Did you get the emails? Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg,
    You are missing the positive in this. Alvin caught the mouse BEFORE it got inside your house. Which means the mouse was outside, where it belongs. He is a good cat!

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.