Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Fair

It's been a bad week.
I've tried to blog about it, and I will, eventually.
It involves mice.
And insanity. 
But that's another post.

Tonight, after golf, Murray took me to the Fair. 
First we had a cocktail, or 2, at the Dark Horse. 
I had a Tavern Burger w/ bacon & Swiss, no roll.
(Low carb...except for the cosmo(s)
Murray had the Fried Haddock. 
And GG on the rocks, with a lime squeeze. 
Who can resist a lime squeeze?
The fish fry there is OUTSTANDING. 
Actually, everything at DHT is outstanding. 
Food, dumpy atmosphere, and especially the staff. 
I just love these kids. 
Dark Horse is my favorite CNY dining. 
Hands down. 
They are remodeling over Labor Day. 
I pray it will keep the same feel. 
And menu. 

Then we drove over to Shoppingtown Mall for the bus to the Fair. 
(Whomever thought Shoppingtown was good name for a mall was an idiot.  IMHO)
The bus is a great option...it drops you off AT THE ENTRANCE. 
This crazy guy was across from us on the bus. 
He kept pumping his arm saying "we LOVE the fair"
His wife, or date, was embarrassed. 
I found him hilarious!
Apparently, there was quite a scandal regarding Los Lonely Boys and their appearance in Chevy Court. 
I missed the breaking news, but that's ok.
I can read. 
We saw the quilts...which were marginal. 
These are my 2 favorites. 
Gorgeous. 
Sorry about the photo quality. 
We saw a sign for trains, which Murray likes, so we went in. 
It was a carnival theme. 
So cool.
All of the rides were mechanical. 
I loved it. 

We went into the dairy building to see the butter sculpture and
LOOK WHO WE FOUND!
Our crazy bus friend, still as enthusiastic as ever. 
If we'd have stayed longer, I bet we would have seen him again. 
Too bad, he was fun. 
That's me, with a wine slushie, in front of the butter sculpture. 
CHEESEY. 
Murray and me at Chevy Court...for Owl City. 
2 cosmos and a slushie. 
Yikes!
Or yeah. 
Depends on your perspective. 
Owl City in Chevy Court. 
They were actually pretty good. 
Murray...I love him!
On the way out, a jazzy saxophonist. 
And a selfie on the bus ride back to Shoppingtown. 
Who named it Shoppingtown?
So stupid. 

The Fair was fun. 
I'm thinking about taking Mimi & Ms Pat on Sunday. 
If baby boy doesn't come home. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.