Monday, September 16, 2013

God Help Me

I hit the studio today.
I was straightening up a bit, and I noticed Alvin was sitting on the futon staring at the ceiling. 

Of course, I ran upstairs and got in the car.
Once I was safely off the property, i pulled over and texted Murray. 
He just came home and checked the traps. 

THERE WERE 2 MOUSIES IN THE TRAPS.
DEAD.
This makes a total of 4 mice in 3 weeks. 
Why is this happening to me?

Kudos to Alvin...we should've named him Radar.
And even though I know he's got it covered....
I'm inconsolable.
That sick feeling in my stomach is back.
And my heart is racing. 
And I'm sitting with my feet up off the floor. 
I'm scared of my house again.

Murray is resetting the traps as I write.
I think we need to move. 

I WANT MY MOMMY!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you write!

    the worst mouse night I had?? we killed 17...it started with the daddy (boy was he clever) then they kept getting smaller. we found the hole they were coming in through, and I was so relieved when we got them all and sealed the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sitting here laughing....sorry...but, I can't help it! With all the rain and flooding, we have 'critters' coming in. The cats have been bringing me presents...and get mad when I dispose of the present. They go and catch me another present. Saturday, I was quilting and the female cat (17 years old) jumped up on the milli table and had a present. She proudly gave it to me (laid it on the end of the table) and purred so loud! I ran upstairs, got a trash bag and heavy duty gloves...when I went to pick up the present...it squeaked and moved! I jumped and screamed and ran up stairs and got the broom. Let's say it took me almost 2 hours of bleaching the table/frame! good thing I was making a quilt for the cat beds! It went directly into the washer, unfinished! can you send your husband to Colorado and put out traps? and come back and empty them for me? I HATE mice! good cats! bad mice!

    Kathi in Colorado

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.