Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dirt & Leaves is done

It's August already...
Where does the time go?

I just took this quilt off the frame. 
I'd made it for baby boy to take to school.
But he doesn't want a quilt for school.
He wants fleece. 
No worries, I'll use it in the guest room. 
I quilted it with Baptist Fans. 
Cause I love me some Baptist Fans. 

I've named it Dirt and Leaves. 
I don't usually name my quilts, unless the speak to me. 
The whole time I've been working on this, I've thought of dirt and leaves. 
"Brown & green, dirt and leaves."
"Why am I making a quilt that looks like dirt and leaves?"

Quilting is a solitary hobby. 
It's just me, fabric thread and machines.
Unless one of my quilty friends is with me. 
Then it's not solitary at all. 
Focus, Meg, focus. 

What better place to photograph Dirt and Leaves than in my garden.
I do love my backyard gardens. 
And, I'm pretty stoked about my new quilt, too.
I wonder how long it shall take me to get a binding on it.......



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.