Sunday, August 25, 2013

Close..but no cigar

Well, it's been on my list of things for a long time. 
Adopt an adult dog...
Give back. 

I went over to the local rescue.
Looking for a small dog that could travel with me easily. 

I found this guy...
And immediately fell in LOVE. 
Not small.
But OH MY GOSH...he spoke to me. 
And followed me with his eyes.
He was surrendered by a family with his younger brother. 
They wanted to keep them together, if possible. 
So, I watched on line.
Last week, his brother got adopted. 

So, I went back.
Three times. 
Walked him and talked to him. 
Snuggled and loved him up. 
We even named him Clem. 
He's so sweet. 
And needy.

But he's not really what I was looking for. 
Nor is the timing just right..especially for a larger dog. 
I have so much traveling to do in the next months. 

So, I had to walk away.
SOBBING.
Jimmy gone...
No Clem...
Not a good weekend for me. 
But it's the right thing. 

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to you. I fell in love with a red heeler/german shephard mix 3 weeks ago. I visited her many times, and finally had to decided that I was not the right person for her. She is 5 years old, and had been abandoned. I just couldn't bring her into our home with the kids, as I was afraid she would remain wild and never fully love or trust us.

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.