Friday, August 30, 2013

Musiphobia

In the interest of full disclosure, this has been hard for me to write.
Really hard. 
Especially since I am trying to put a jolly spin on it. 
It's taken days. 
And many breaks. 
And deep breaths. 
Just FYI. 

I have a phobia. 
Yes, I do.

I have a completely irrational fear of mice, dead or alive, when they are in my house or very close to me. 
In the last SEVERAL days I've.....
Jumped onto coffee tables.
Produced blood curdling screams. 
Had terrifying nightmares. 
Locked myself in my room.
Scared my beloved Frannie. 
Been afraid to open cabinets. 
Imagined noises. 
Washed and/or vacuumed everything in sight.  
Including Frannie. 
And Al.
And that's just what I'm admitting to. 

Just typing this has my heart racing. 
(And there hasn't been a mouse in 2 days. 
I'm pretty sure we found the point of entry.)
My head says 'get over it'. 
But I can't. 
A tiny, little mouse. 
A friend of Cinderella. 
A scary monster. 
I've gone batty.

For perspective....
I have not sewn one stitch for fear a mouse might be in the studio. 
I told you this was serious. 

The kicker...I have only actually seen a mouse once. 
And I only saw the tail.
Hanging out of Alvin's mouth. 
Making a horrible noise. 
I also saw blood.
That was after Alvin had taken care of things. 
Murderer. 
I now view the master bathroom as a crime scene. 
I've seen Murray chasing them.
And he's told me about them.
That's all I needed to become unhinged. 

If I 'think' I see or hear one....well, I react as badly as if it was crawling up my arm. 
I'm driving everyone nuts. 

I looked on line. 
The cures are not fun.
I can't hardly imagine letting a mouse crawl on me. 
No, ma'am.
I think I will go with the status quo. 
Deranged agrees with me.

It's crazy, right?
Actually, I'm crazy. 
I always knew it. 
Runs in the family. 

I am certifiable. 
Demented. 
Cracked. 

Thanks for listening. 

My hero....
Trust me, there is blood on those cute little paws. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.