Thursday, January 24, 2013

The times they are changing

"Certain things, they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone.”
― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

It seems like just yesterday..
That they were these 3 little angels
(Ok, not angels to everyone, but they were to me)

There is so much change in my little family.
My babies are growing up...
For Pete's sake, they're adults!
Weddings are about to happen...

I'm so proud of these 3.
They have become awesome human beings.
They are my everything.
I love them so.

Still, I can't help but worry...
Will life be kind to them?
Will they keep their hearts open?
Will they make happiness?
Will they strive to make the world better in their own way?
Will they get back up when they're knocked down?
Can they stay true to themselves in this crazy world?

And my biggest concern....
Will they continue to stay close?
Will they make time for each other as life gets more complicated?
Can they keep each other in their hearts?
And be there for each other?
Will they keep Phil and I in their lives as we grow old?

Since they were itty bitty,
I always told them this one truth...
No matter what, we'll always have each other.
So long as we have that, we've got all we need.

I hope they were listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.