Saturday, January 5, 2013

My name is Meg....

...and I'm a threadoholic.

I swore when I loaded my nephews quilt on my long arm that I was not going to over-quilt it!
I chose this design purposefully to keep it simple.
Yeah...right.
I just can't stop myself once I start.




Oh well, it may not be snugly but he'll surely not have trouble with the layers coming apart.

And I learned a lot with this quilt.
I can SID freehand with my M&M wheels.
Rulers are overrated.
Done is better than perfect.
Changing thread color is not that bad.
It's easier to rip if you keep the stitches per inch low.
It's not difficult to find a continuous path if you look at the areas perimeter instead of middle.
Magna glide bobbins are worth the extra $.

I hope he likes it.
He's turning 40 in April.
He's was always a dear boy.
Now he's a dear man.
I hope to have it bound to take with me to Florida in February.


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.