Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Back in the saddle

I had a wonderful week visiting my niece in San Francisco.
Her beautiful daughter, Claire, stole my heart.
I will devote an entire post to Claire, but first, what a day I had back in my studio.

While I was away, some longboards I ordered came in. YIPPEE!!!!!
I have this king sized UFO just waiting for the feathery one.
I want to use 2 batts, 1 wool and 1 cotton.
My freehand feathers are too tiny for this.
It would weigh a TON!

I was all geeked to load it up and get moving.
I always do a thorough cleaning at the start of each project.
OK....always is a strong word. Lets go with most of the time.

This is where the drama begins.
I'm running Lola with some WD40 to clean out the spinny part where the bobbin goes.
(I hope I'm not getting to technical on you here)
As I turn to pick up my tweezers, a piece of batt that I was holding in my hand gets sucked into the spinny thing!
Lola is now jammed with batty fuzzy messiness.
I start shaking...
(I think shaking is a sign of nerves of steel)
And crying...
(Another sign of strength)
I call Amy at APQS and nearly lose my mind waiting for a call back.
Amy has the patience of a saint and always helps me.
I post to the forum and some of my quilty friends mention the retime word.
Ghastly, horrifying, OMG!
I've really done it this time, Ollie.

Thank God Amy called back quickly.
Did I mention that APQS has the best service in the industry?
She had me remove a cover and rock the flywheel til the batt popped out.
I LOVE AMY.
She is a rock star.
She told me to go slow, clean it out and try a bobbin.
After much tweezing and WD40ing, I gather the courage to insert the bobbin and give Lola a try.
She worked!
I loaded the flimsy and am on my way.
4 rows and 2 bobbins and all is well.
I am a survivor!
And so is my beloved Lola.




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.