Saturday, July 23, 2016

Dan's Graduation Quilt

Jimmys good buddy Dan graduated from Virginia Tech in May.
He's like family.
I love that kid. 
I pieced a churn dash quilt for him in Florida. 
I had every intention of quilting it sooner. 
But when I got home, I got busy. 
Being Mayzee
And Mom
And Mrs Murray
And the Orlando quilt happened so I had to meet that deadline 
And I was starting to get a social life
I'm nipping that in the bud 
Excuses Excuses
Anyway, I finished quilting it today. 
I used my longboard swirls cause I hope he'll use it a lot and it's a sturdy design. 
I used batiks, Blues & Oranges cause he loves Syracuse athletics. 
And we live in Syracuse & I want him to come visit us. 
And Virginia Tech colors really don't speak to me. 
Don't judge. 

Here's the front
The back is a brown paisley. 
Let's see how long it takes me to get a binding on this puppy.

When he finally gets it, I hope he likes it!

Kindness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.