Thursday, July 21, 2016

#quiltsforpulse

The Orlando MQG is collecting quilts for the victims, families & survivors of the Pulse tragedy. 
They suggested a block, and requested rainbow colors.
I decided to donate. 
It's finally finished!
The front...
And back...
I'm so glad I participated.
It was really a healing experience.  
All this violence has been taking a toll on me.
This quilt made me feel like I was helping in some small way. 

My friend Barb sent me 6 blocks, which allowed me to make a big snuggle quilt.
I had used the backing fabric in a previous quilt and really wanted it for this project.
I was so happy to find enough to construct the back. 
I quilted it with fans cause I thought it resembled a rainbow shape. 
And I used a solid black binding to show respect for those who lost their lives that horrible morning. 
I'm shipping it off to OMQG in the hope that an aching heart will get some comfort from my work.

REMEMBER TO SHOW KINDNESS WHENEVER YOU CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.