Friday, July 22, 2016

Laura & Zac

Feast or famine. 
Usually, my social calendar is pretty much empty. 
I like it that way. 
Imagine my surprise when I wound up having 2 things in 1 day. 

Laura, an awesome friend from my Ann Arbor life & mom to one of my favorite people, retired in April.
To kick off her new life, she decided to bike her way across the USA.
I snapped this picture while I was waiting for her in the lobby of her hotel.
Look how far she's ridden!
Just looking at this makes me tired.
From San Francisco to New Hampshire. 
On a bike
Like a 2 wheeler
With no motor at all
Just her legs
Pedaling
I can't imagine
Anyway, she stopped in Liverpool yesterday. 
I figured she'd be passing thru here, so I contacted Hannah and was going to surprise her. 
The surprise didn't happen cause she remembered we lived nearby and texted me.
We were thrilled to see her.
She looks fabulous. 
I think all this pedaling agrees with her. 
Murray & I took her to Santangelos for some delish Italian. 
And great conversation about her journey.
Twas fun.
We're trying to arrange a pilgrimage this fall for a UofM game. 
I hope it works out.
I'd love to see Rex, and hear more awesome stories of her journey. 
And drink more wine with her. 
Safe travels!

After we dropped Laura off, we caught the 2nd set of Zac Brown Band at the new amphitheater.
It was a nice venue. 
There was a spectacular sunset over the water. 
But it was dusty.
And hot. 
ZBB did play some awesome covers.
Baba OReilly, Jack & Diane & Lets Go Crazy. 
The Who, John Mellencamp, Prince. 
Great choices Zac. 
It's a good thing they do good covers cause Murray is obsessed with going to thier concerts. 
And how much 'Toes' can one girl take?

Remember the Kindness


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.