Monday, November 30, 2015

Thankfulness

We had an emotional Thanksgiving. 
All our kids were here for dinner.
Herman is holding my Nugget. 
We played cards, pictionary and enjoyed each other. 
Family is everything. 
Saturday, the guys were watching football.
So, Kelly & I went hiking.
2 miles, 4650 feet up. 
My legs still hurt...3 Epsom salt baths later.
We had our head in the clouds.
Literally.
The view would've been better if the sun was out. 
But, this is Syracuse...not Fort Myers. 
After, we grabbed a martini as a reward. 
Then made gingerbread houses. 
Unfortunately, all this fun took place after we received a sad phone call early Thanksgiving morning. 
My father in law had passed away in the wee hours of the morning. 
He was almost 90, a good long life. 
And he'd been suffering. 
But, it's still sad to say goodbye. 
Especially for my Murray. 
And my mother in law...his wife of 64 years. 
He was her everything. 
My Murray has written a beautiful eulogy to be delivered at his funeral mass. 
And he spent 2 great weekends with his dad before he left us. 
He fed him his last good meal....ravioli!
Please pray for my mother in law and my Murray. 
Rest in peace, Tony.




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.