Saturday, November 21, 2015

Odds & Ends

Today is Jammie Day #2 this week. 
Phil has gone to NJ to visit his folks.
And I went to Wegmans yesterday, which was traumatizing. 
I deserve to be comfy.

I've been working on a layout for Nuggets quilt on & off the last few days. 
I want to have some churn dash blocks in it.
Here's what that looks like. 
It's true, I do sometimes return to the dark ages and use graph paper. 
It's kinda nice actually...
Like the pioneer days...
Or not. 

I limped along and finally finished longarming this puppy. 
What a nightmare. 
I was having thread breakage in a big way...and I was dwirling, for Pete's sake!
Drove me nuts. 
I tried everything, and figured I was just gonna have to break down and call Amy when I got thru it.
I thought Lola was finally protesting her way into getting her SR fixed. 
With about 8 inches left to quilt, I ran out of top thread. 
Once I put the fresh cone on, my troubles were over. 
Good grief. 
I have some thread boogers to deal with, which I will do as I sit in front of the TV. 
And then repair it. 
Can someone please tell me why I like quilting?

Next up...the last Christmas flimsie. 
Or the last Bento Box. 
I haven't decided. 

This made me laugh.
You can touch my quilts anytime, Tom.

***scatter kindness, we need it***

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.