Monday, November 23, 2015

HBD2me


I woke early to Murray playing the Beatles It's your Birthday. 
I thought it was going to be a good day....until his iPad randomly followed it with The Bitch is Back by Elton John. 
We had a good laugh about it. 
I got up and looked out the window to see snow. 
It's the coldest day of the week.
Of course it is. 
I may or may not have made some online fabric purchases to soothe myself. 
Addiction is real.
Then I took a long hot shower, followed by a long hot bath. 
I noticed in the tub that the discoloration from my FL foot event is finally gone.
That's something...right?
While I was bathing, Susan text & invited me to check out the new Weight Watchers program they're unveiling today. 
Then to lunch. 
WW followed by OTL...the irony. 
What the hell...I'll check it out. 
What's better than stepping on a scale on your birthday?
Stay tuned. 
Barb text me to wish me a HBD, and revealed I share my day with Miley Cyrus. 
Wow...Miley Cyrus....classy. 
This day needs updates as it plays out. 
I may have a sitcom episode in the making!

Update:
Kels called...she's coming up this weekend. So excited...we're going hiking. 
I got texts from the newlyweds...I'll see them Thursday. 
It's 10:30 and things are getting better. 

Update.
I'm home from my outing. 
Weight Watchers was a bust. 
Susan was mistaken.
They aren't rolling out the new Oprah plan til December. 
And I gained 2.5 pounds. 
Fun Fun Fun. 

We also went to Barnes & Noble and Marshalls. 
I scored these for my Nugget. 
Baby girl stuff is so stinkin cute!

Baby Boy called to wish me a HBD. 
He told me his professor threw a hissy today cause everyone's phone was ringing. 
Threw them all out of class.
I was afraid to inquire if the phone belonged to him. 
His jaw feels a bit better today. 
I think he's grinding at night again. 
He says he's not. 
He knows everything. 

We had a nice lunch at Core in North Syracuse. 
Healthy & Delicious. 
I appreciate Susan's efforts to make my day!
She's a good friend. 

In the spirit of the day, I missed 2 chances to talk to Claire. 
Who wouldn't prefer a weigh in to speaking to the cutest kid?
Ugh. 
She did leave me 2 adorbs messages tho. 
And J9 send an ice skating video. 

Little Chad Carr, a 4yo with brain cancer, died this afternoon. 
While I don't want to sound cold, this feels like a blessing. 
He didn't suffer, outlasted his predicted life expectancy and has really shed light on childhood cancer. 
He didn't die in vain. 
I will pray for this young family as they grieve. 
I cannot even begin to imagine.....

Update...
I had a good laugh with my sister over the day. 
No one makes me see the humor like Meem.  
Murray is stopping for a bottle of wine.
DWTS finale is tonight. 


Update...
Happy mail
Pics from the wedding finally!
And cards from Barb & Aunt MJ

Update....
Phils dad has taken a turn for the worse. 
Prayers appreciated. 

Update..
Carlos went home. 
I'm going to bed. 

I guess I'm glad I kept track of the day. 
It's been pretty eventful.
At least I can read this when I can't remember it. 
Which will be in about 15 minutes. 

Keep Kindness ... You just never know. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.