Friday, December 4, 2015

That kind of a week

It was 'that' kind of a week. 
We buried my FIL on Wednesday. 
But not before we were moved by the kindness of family & friends. 
I had 2 sisters and a QBFF make the effort to support me, which I needed.
Murray had numerous old & new friends, some of whom traveled a great distance, and family to comfort him. 
And, let's not forget our kids, Kelly, John, Jenn & Jimmy. 
I was so proud of them. 
And Nugget as there...in utero.  
We have so much.  
Another great surprise is how AWESOME my MIL is handling this whole thing. 
She was gracious, calm and composed. 
She surprised us!
But, it's still sad to say goodbye.
Especially for my Murray. 
In his words...it's not tragic, but it's still sad. 
Eloquence. 

We got home LATE Wednesday. 
And listened to the horrible news out of California as we drove. 
Terrorism.
Really?
What is happening?
At least Tony doesn't have to think about that. 

Thursday, I took to the studio, but was clearly out of sorts. 
This happened....
I fixed it today. 
It's trimmed and I'm still deciding if I should border it or not. 
While I was thinking, I decided to visit the dreaded binding pile. 
I got halfway through my favorite Christmas quilt and this happened. 
Of course it did.
It's been 'that' kind of a week.

Murray & I hit the DHT for the Friday fish fry...
Then to get more thread at JoAnns. 
It was buy one get one...
Who can't use a dark blue?
No one. 
Especially if it's free. 
While shopping for thank you notes, we got the Chooch a Christmas baby at Target. 
How she loves her babies!

It was 'that' kind of a week.
A lot to be grateful for.
A lot to be sad about. 
A lot of life. 

Keep Kindness....
We need it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.