Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Box Trot

I love the Box Trot pattern.
It comes together quick and looks good.
I put this one together for a friend who's had a loss.
I used some batiks & Asian inspired fabrics from the old stasheroo.
QD 70/30 Blend batting...cause women our age do not require a lot of extra heat.
I did a simple loopy meander, cause done is better than spectacular.
But it still seemed a bit stiff and un-snugly.
Is un-snugly grammatically correct?
I don't know.
Who cares...it's my blog...I can say things however I want to say them.
Anyway...focus...
I'm shooting for soft & comforting here.
So, I tried an Express Wash cycle and a tumble in the dryer.
Much better.
Even Mother Nature approves...this is the first sun I've seen in days. 
Glad I captured it on film. 
Or iPad.
Whatever.
I've often thought I should launder all my quilts before gifting them. 
Then I will be sure there will be no bleeding or construction problems.
And, if its already been washed, folks might actually USE them.
Instead of worrying that they might get dirty.
To me, nothing beats a quilt that's been washed. 
All that wrinkly goodness sets me heart afire. 
'Sets me heart afire'...really?
It seems life is taking a toll on my ability to use era appropriate language.

I think I'll head off to the post office and get it in the mail before I say anything else.
Hope she likes it!






3 comments:

  1. Meg, What's not to like? a quilt made from the heart :)

    I thought of you when I was in Florida last week....Left Saturday it was 86 and sunny...got off the plane...-7....OMG! welcome back to reality! it SUCKS!

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi...Here's hoping that nice weather sticks around for my hibernation. This winter shows signs of real misery. I'll be glad yo escape!

    Ivory...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.