Monday, December 16, 2013

A Scrappy Beauty

Be still my heart.
Barb has done it again.
Another delicious scrappy batik quilt.
Yum.
This quilt was a whopper...88x101, if I remember right. 
All she asked was that I put leaves in the brown border.
Ok...I can do that.
I took extra care to keep that brown border 'straight'.
Your eye is drawn to it and any wiggles would grab your attention & look 'wrong.'
I was proud of myself for thinking of that!
Barb isn't a big feather fan, but I feathered this one, anyway.
It gave some movement, and the quilt is so stunning, you don't even notice the feathers in the design.
All you see is that yummy batik goodness.
I love the back, too!
Turquoise...
If she doesn't like the quilting, I'll take it off her hands. 
It's the least I can do.
Nothing tickles my Quilty fancy more than a scrappy batik.
*swoon*

In other good news, this is my last 'customer' job for the year.
So, it's all me and my stuff for a while. 
I can't decide what to load first!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.