Sunday, January 31, 2016

Quilts & a Trip North

I've had a lot going on. 
Shortly after Lolita's arrival, I headed back to the 'Cuse for the baby shower. 
I flew into Atlantic City, picked up my mother in law and drove the 5.5 hours home. 
In the snow. 
I hate snow. 
Here's the only pics I got at the shower. 



It was crazy...I had no time for photos. 
We had a great turn out, especially when you consider the huge snow event on the East Coast. 
Over 30 people!
Phil was in Orlando on 'business'
Thank God for Barb...she was my savior. 
Jenn got lotsa very nice stuff.
And I think my MIL really enjoyed the week away from home. 
Jimmy was home most of the week and spent a lot of time with her. 
I was glad he did, too. 
Gave him a chance to visit with her...and gave me a break!

After I dropped her back home, I flew back to my paradise. 
Phil, Sherry & Mike were here waiting for me. 
With mucho vino.
And martinis. 
And too much food. 
The weather was crappy & cold the whole time. 
The guys only got 1 round of golf in. 
As usual, we made the best of it & had a blast. 
Wii Bowling, a movie afternoon and time with Mimi & Georgie. 
S&M left yesterday. 
Phil left tonight. 
I miss him already. 
Not one picture of our antics. 
I'm trying to refocus to my healthy lifestyle...prayers appreciated. 

Phil played 9 this morning so I hit the studio. 
I finished up this, which had been loaded onto Lolita for 2 weeks.
2 weeks and it's a baby quilt.  
I completely over quilted it....almost 4 bobbins. 
And I was away.
And had company. 
Don't judge. 

I also got all but the borders on this today. 
It's a kit. 
I'm not a big fan of kits.
I'm meh about it. 

Mimi helped me add some leaves to Manatee Mangrove last night. 
We had all kinds of issues with the fusible, but it worked out. 
Just borders left on this. 

And I also finished this before I left for the shower. 
This is the back of my incorrectly cut & poorly constructed quilt. 
Here's the front. 
I left out the batt cause of the Minkee backer. 
I'm considering a Minkee binding. 
I've put it up on some of my quilting boards for discussion. 
How does one press Minkee in half?
Hmmmm....

Spread kindness. 

Over & Out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.