Saturday, January 2, 2016

My 2016 Word

Since Thanksgiving, I've been thinking and thinking. 
Well, thinking and thinking on and off. 
(I've thought of lots of other things too)
Trying to figure out what could be a better word for me than acceptance. 
My guiding word for 2016. 
I've decided on........

<<<insert drum roll>>>

DIRECTION
di·rec·tion
dəˈrekSH(ə)n,dīˈrekSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: direction; plural noun: directions
  1. 1
    a course along which someone or something moves.
    "she set off in the opposite direction"
  2. 2
    the management or guidance of someone or something.
    "under his direction, the college has developed an international reputation"
    synonyms:administrationmanagementconducthandlingrunningsupervision, superintendence, regulation, orchestration; More
    "his direction of the project"
    • the work of supervising and controlling the actors and other staff in a movie, play, or other production.
    • instructions on how to reach a destination or about how to do something.
      "Preston gave him directions to a restaurant"
      synonyms:instructionordercommandprescriptionruleregulationrequirement
      "explicit directions about nursing care"
    • an authoritative order or command.
      "to suggest that members of Congress would take direction on how to vote is an affront"

      I've decided to use the word direction.
      It's so applicable to my life right now. 
      With all the changes that have happened and are on the horizon, I need to keep myself on track. 
      I'm so easily sidetracked. 
      I will try to think about what direction I want to head in before I make a move. 
      I will try to keep myself on task. 
      I will try to remember that I must take care of myself to be happy.
      And sane. 
      I will try to make sure I am developing the way I wish to be personally.
      With my self discovery. 
      With my family.
      With my friends.
      With my quilting. 
      With everything. 
      And, if I'm not, I will redirect myself. 
      At least, I'll try. 

      And, I will still remember to think about acceptance.
      Cause it was a good word. 

      Wish me luck!

      KINDNESS!



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.