Sunday, February 9, 2014

Flowering Florida

I get inspiration from lots of things...
If I had to pick my fave source, it's definitely nature. 
I just can hardly believe what beautiful things happen outside everyday without anyone's help.
I especially love all kinds of colorful flowers.
One of my favorite exotic flowers is Bird of Paradise.
Over the years, I've received them as gifts in arrangements.
I was always so sad when the flowers would die and I would have to throw them away.
If I'd have know how cool they look after they dry up, I would've saved them!
We have a bird of paradise bush in front of our house that's 5 feet tall.
It's always loaded with blooms...it's actually one of the reasons I chose this place.
Just look at this awesome specimen.
It looks more like a bird now than it did in full bloom.
It makes me laugh every time I see it.
Unkempt and disheveled hair and that long beak...it's like a cartoon character.
I'm really enjoying learning about the different flowers down here. 
Next up, my new orchid.








No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.