Sunday, July 14, 2013

QBL, HSTs & other silliness

Today I took a ride over to OCC, to check out QBL.
OCC=Onondaga Community College
QBL=Quilting by the Lake
This is a local quilt show/retreat put on by the Schweinforth Museum. 
They do offer some good classes......but I'm always late to the party registering. 

Last year, they had an impressive display of quilts by Phillipa Naylor. 
They were delicious. 
She rocks my world. 
What that woman does with a Bernina would blow you away!
This year was kinda a disappointment. 
There were hardly any quilts hanging. 
There were 1 or 2 I would've photographed....
BUT THEY DO NOT LET YOU TAKE PICTURES!
Really?
Why not?
Ugh.
So, I walked around, looked at the quilts and when that was done....
I HIT THE VENDORS. 
Now, there were only 5 or 6 vendors there, but I did the best I could under the circumstances. 

I scored the cutest peace sign keychain.
Its going to be Patty's vanwarming gift...it's her fave color. 
And Judy from Patchwork Plus had new Oakshott like solids. 
A blue, a green, and, of course, a red. 
I LOVE red. 
Not quite as delectable as the real thing, but kinda cool, none the less. 
The picture does not do them justice. 
I want to try cutting them...I hope they aren't big frayers. 
And I snagged some BoNash....a must for us longarmers. 
I really wanted to find a good NYBeauty book with foundation pieces to print. 
Elizabeth from Quilters Corner in Ithaca is going to try and find one for me. 
I love that shop and wish it were closer. 
Best fabrics, nicest staff around. 

Then, since I was still a bit miffed, I came home and hit the studio.

Yup, I've been on a HST binge. 
And I finished the pinwheels today. 
I used a PB&J by Moda layer cake and mixed in some dark denimy blues from my stash. 
Sweet!
I still have the other half of the HSTs to make into blocks.
Just not sure which layout yet. 
Stay tuned.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.