Friday, July 26, 2013

Brig Beach getaway

I was feeling stressed...worrying way too much.
Why do I worry so?
So, I did what I do best...ESCAPED!
I packed up my traveling partner, Frannie, and we headed to NJ for a week.
Frannie spent the week with her brother, Buster.  I have no pictures of them. :-(

It was one absolutely gorgeous day after another. 

But it was hot...so we bought an umbrella at Sam's Club. 
Perfect!  It was even a bit chilly under there. Brig is a breezy place!

One day we went to Barbara's house and floated around her pool all day with Monica and Roxie. 
Barbaras home is so nice...her hubs is a landscaper and it shows!

We tried Moss Creek Inn for dinner one night. I liked it...Mimi & George were not impressed. 

The next night, we went to dinner at Oyster Creek...I had a lobster.  Swoon. 

Saturday was supposed to be rainy, so we stopped at Aversa's, picked up a Stromboli and some cannolis and headed a wee bit north to visit the in laws. 
Tony, my father in law, broke his hip in May. He wished we had bought bigger cannolis. 
Lillian, my mother in law, is happy to finally be back in her own house.
Uncle Mickey Hennessy came down from north Jersey to help with doctor appointments. 

 Pat invited us to stop by her house for cards & dinner on the way home. Orange Roughy, potatoes and cole slaw.  Yum!  I love her new place.  I like thinking about her living here. 
We bought the apple pie. It looked better than it tasted. Mimi wanted peach. 
The rest of the week was spent on the beach.
Which is the best place to be. 

Thanks for all the laughs and hospitality, Meem & George. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.