Monday, July 8, 2013

A Quilt & Murphy's Law

I agreed to do a quick all over for a friend. 
She had some surgery, fell behind on a quilt, and is pressed for time. 
She wants to bring it along to meet her new grand nephew, Jacks. 
Don't you love that name?
I had hoped that nickname would catch on for my John. 
(We wound up with the nickname Herman.  
I'll 'splain why another time)
More mind wandering....shocking, I know. 

Anyhow....
Nancy used the pattern Pi by Maple Island Quilts. 
Lesa, who also works with Nancy, provided the pattern. 
Her sister is Mrs Maple Island Quilts. 
(Its been oreviously established that I have a focus problem while blogging.
This post is a great example of said lack of focus.)

She used brights and mixed batiks and quilters cottons. 
It's cute!

When I picked it up, she told me there was one seam issue and showed it to me.
No problem, I said. 
I'll be able to fix that.

Upon further inspection, I found this...
Oh well, it's Nancy.
She's a good person.

I fixed them and brought it to the ironing board.
There I noticed....
A seam inside a block, upside down!
Really??

I took it apart, and guess what?
After flipping it over, it wasn't big enough.
Of course, it wasn't. 
It was that kind of day. 

So, I searched my scraps and found this not too terrible substitute fabric. 
I'm hoping once its quilted, you won't notice. 

Tomorrow, I'll load it and quilt it.
You know, with that quick all over. 
Yup, it was a Murphy's Law kind of day. 

Hope tomorrow is better. 

Stay tuned....




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.