Sunday, May 29, 2016

Painting Silk with Deb Crine

Have I mentioned I've been studying color?
And have been curious about making/dying my own fabric?
Well, I have. 
And there is a local color/quilt artist down here who's been holding classes on painting silk for quilts or scarves or anything you want to do with it. 
I've wanted to take her class, but I've always been busy on the days she holds them. 
Until yesterday. 
Yay!
Here's what I made.
Not bad for a first try. 
I loved the process. 
I learned a lot. 
I will quilt the snot out of it and hang it in the studio. 

Deb and her daughter Courtney are just lovely people.
I'm hoping to take her intermediate class next week.

Being a bit blue that my sister & Terry left....this was a perfect remedy.

Kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.