Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cactus Flower Progress

Happy May Day!
Remember this?
I hemmed and hawed and decided the outer green spike was too blendy.
So I changed it.
To this...
More pop makes me likey mucho more.
So, I finished the lot of outer spikes...
This is what they look like straight off Nina.
Then this happened.
Even Quilty trash is pretty...another reason I'm an addict.
Post trimming, here is a group of four.
A trip outside for a sunny shot.
Yes, I'm happy with my decision.
And even happier I made it after sewing only one.
Minimal frogging is always preferred.
Frannie settled in for some sunning and would not be moved.
That's ok, I sat and checked my email til she was ready to come in.
(She's been doing this since Baby left.  IMHO, she is still waiting for him to return)
Now I only have to make a bazillion of these centers.
Well, not a bazillion, really.
16.
I have to make 16.
Paper piecing.
It's not for wimps.

In the words of Martha Stewart..
Progress...it's a good thing.
Why am I quoting her?
I'm not even a fan.
Although, she's a lot easier to take since her incarceration. 
I'm so odd, I scare myself.

I'm off to the pool with Mr Bixby.
He just returned from golf and wants a dip.
I'll suffer through, I guess. 

Enjoy your day.
XO




2 comments:

  1. Of course Frannie is waiting for Jimmy to come back. That is what all good dogs do!!
    I agree that the 1st green would be too blendy (is that a word outside of the quilting world?). You won't be sorry you took the time to paper piece. I wish I was there with you. . . I would even pick out the paper for you when the block is done.
    See you soon.
    XO Barb K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love the blocks! you were right...the green was too blendy!

    I love to paper piece...I know, I am sick!

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.