Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Baby Quilt & some love

I finally got a great sleep last night.
It's been a couple of days, Frannie had the runs.
She never wakes me at night unless it's serious....
And she woke me 3 nights in a row.
But, it has passed, whatever it was.
Thank God.

I finished this little flimsy for a sweet expectant mom this afternoon.
I think Frannie approves.
It'll get FMQed upon my return to NY.
Whenever that is...

Saturday, I came home to this on my doorstep. 
A thank you from Pat & Bridget.
Remember Bridget, the sweet golden retriever Frannie & I babysat?
That's a lot of red wine...and Frannie loves the chewy bones.
Totally unnecessary, Bridget was no trouble at all.
Very, very nice of them.
And my favorite thing.....
A sweet note from Herman that accompanied these...
They came last night, & was just the pick me up I needed.
I've been lonesome and a bit blue.
I hate to be whiney, being in paradise and all, but it's true.
Alone on Mothers Day, not one of my peeps here.
They called, but it wasn't the same.
My heart so heavy for a dear friends first Motherless Mothers Day.
The renovation is taking FOREVER.
The thought of going thru this again for the windows is overwhelming.

Then, I got an email that my sister is coming Friday.

I really believe, if you wait & pray, you get what you need. 
In the words of the great Tom Petty, 'the waiting is the hardest part.'
He's right.

Have a blessed day.






1 comment:

  1. okay, I am seriously worried about you. Either you are on your way back to New York....or you are laying by the pool enjoying that wine!

    we went from winter (6 inches of hail) to summer (85) in a two days....I guess mother nature decided it was time to move on.....

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.