Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Progress

Another bento box flimsy was born today...progress.
Most of the waterline tile is up....
They are waiting on a few decorative pieces to come in.
The new coping is cut and placed.
The pool is still empty.
I'm loving the lighter paver color already.
More progress.
The neighborhood drama is still ongoing, but I'm pretty much out of it, now.
Lucky for me, the contractor I hired is a stand up guy & is handling things, allowing me to remain uninvolved.
I do suspect more unpleasant encounters with these fools in the future.
For some reason, I always wind up with a challenging neighbor.
Why must people be so sour?
Mountains from molehills.
Whatever....

I wish I could be pleased with the progress my foot is making.
It's healing so very slowly.
Still puffy and sore.
It feels ok with Advil, but when it wears off...well, it hurts.
I can only wear 1 pair of shoes, and must take them off and on all day cause of the swelling.
And it's my sewing foot.
I should have some cheese with this whine....

Finally, there is this crazy little brown bird with a orange-red beak that sits on my guest bath windowsill and taps on the glass.
I've been trying to get a picture of him for a few days now. 
I'm too slow...my bloody foot isn't helping, either. 
He's so cute...
..tap..tap..tap...look in the window...repeating this over & over.
I've watched him for minutes at a time, but.....
As soon as I aim my ipad at him, he flees!
I hope I can get him caught on film...or whatever I catch photos on these days.
I'm not sure what he's trying to do, but he is very entertaining!

All in all, not a bad day.
Hope yours was even better!





1 comment:

  1. Meg, please tell me you went to the doctor (emergency center) to have your foot looked at. It almost looks broken!

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.