Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 2 Seasonal Table Runner

I'm pooped!
I got home, iced & elevated my foot and fell asleep instantly.
I slept for ALMOST 2 HOURS.
Only waking due to a leaky ziplock.

Day 2 with Jan & Judy Niemeyer's techniques went very well.
Today's results...
(The color is off...but you get the idea)

If you're planning to take a JN paper piecing class, I recommend 2 days.
At least.
It's very intense...extremely detailed & repetitive.
I felt like I was relearning how to sew.
Today went so much smoother than yesterday.
I only ripped ONE seam all day.
I got 3 times as much done.
And I hardly needed any help.
I'm going to watch for more opportunities to learn more of her techniques.
If I could work with Jan again, that would be ideal. 
That's asking a lot as the guild brought her in from Houston.

On a less positive note...I busted my foot up at the very end of class.
I think (hope) it's just a bad bruise.
Slightly puffy and uncomfortable when I put weight on it.
Frannie was alone for 2 days, getting only one long walk in yesterday.
Now all I can do is dodder along til she gets things done.
She is not amused.
Neither am I...it's my sewing foot!

Not sure if I'll attempty to sew a bit later, or wither on the couch til bedtime.
I'd love to go directly to bed...but it's the season finale of Parenthood!

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.