Friday, November 15, 2013

a winter haven

Don't get me wrong.
I like living in Central New York.
Especially in summer & fall.
The hills & lakes & trees are gorgeous.
My #1 son lives there & I love having him nearby.

But, ugh, the winter.....
it's cold...
& snowy...
& NOT sunny.
Actually, it's downright bleak!
And it's sooo loooong.
Before CNY, we lived in Michigan.
Which is just as bleak, a little less snowy & colder!
Enough with the miserable winter climate, already.

Phil wants to retire somewhere that he can play lotsa golf.
I like warm, sunny weather and beaches. 
So, even tho retirement is still a few years off, we bought a place in Florida. 
It's a small place.
Perfect for the 2 of us.
Phil wants to spend his vacation down here this winter. 
I'm planning on spending most of the winter here.
I'm hoping I get visitors so I'm not lonely.
I've been down here almost 2 weeks now, trying to get things going.
No TV...Not bad.
I've been sleeping on an air mattress...Bad.
No Frannie...HORRIBLE.
She is definitely coming with me for the winter.

It's an older house so there are some repairs/changes that need to be done. 
But, it's coming along.

Did I mention it snowed in CNY last week?
It was chilly here, too....In the mid 70's.
Like Phil says, if we don't like having 2 places, we can always sell.



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.