Wednesday, August 17, 2016

NICU Quilts

Last night was the SWFQG meeting. 
I picked up 3 NICU flimsies from the charity table. 
I quilted them up on Lolita tonight. 


 The backs...
That green elephant with the bird on his head.....please?

Kelly services the NICUs at all the NYC hospitals. 
She's told me some stories that are so heartbreaking. 
The things these tiny babies & parents endure is hard to believe. 
And thier strength is overwhelming. 
If anyone needs a quilt, it's these young families. 

Earlier tonight I had a FaceTime with Nugget.
That baby is the apple of my eye!
She's fascinated by the iPhone, so her big, beautiful eyes were focused on the screen the whole time. 
And her hair is growing in.
And, she looks kinda like my Herman. 
Only petite
And girlier.
I haven't seen her in weeks, which makes me a little sad. 
Working on these NICU quilts tonight made me feel better. 
And so grateful for my healthy, perfect granddaughter. 

There's a stunning full moon tonight. 
Maybe that's why I'm so emo. 

Remember the kindness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.