Thursday, August 11, 2016

Blue & White

I like a lot of color, so 2 color quilts are hard for me. 
But, I'm trying. 
It has to be scrappy. 
I'd fall asleep working with only 2 fabrics. 
I've been collecting blues with a nautical/beach theme for a couple of years. 
I decided to cut them up yesterday when I arrived in my paradise. 
I originally thought I'd make Philadelphia Pavement blocks. 
I made 2....
YUCK!  
These will join the orphans for sure. 
Since I've been crushing on Churn Dash lately, I decided to go that way. 
Here they are on my kick ass design wall. 
Much better. 
Plus, the ocean churns, which will make for a good name for the finished product. 
I'm not sure if I'll do positive/negative or add a different block. 
I'm going to sleep on it. 

In other news, I fixed the guest potty today. 
It was running so much that Gateway Water called us in NY. 
I replaced the flapper. 
By myself. 
Well, Leland showed me how but I went to Hone Depot, bought the right part & remembered what he told me. 
I guess I'm a plumber now. 

How awesome are the Olympics?
Michael Phelps and Simone Biles are machines!
I usually do not enjoy watching sports, but the Olympics are an exception. 
Must be my ADD tendencies are satisfied by the variety. 

Be kind whenever you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.