Monday, June 13, 2016

Quilts for Pulse

Feeling funky, trying to wrap my mind about the violence in Orlando. 
I've been scouring the net, looking for a way to help.
I found it!

The Orlando Modern Quilt Guild is organizing a quilt drive for the victims and thier families.
They are accepting whole quilts made of 10" heart blocks in rainbow colors. 
I've made 6 so far. 
I hope to make a whole quilt by the deadline. 
Of course, I don't know the deadline yet. As va. A

Here's the link, for my Quilty peeps, in case you also want to participate. 

Orlando Modern Guild
https://theorlandomodernquiltguild.blogspot.com/2016/06/donation-quilts-for-pride-orlando.html?showComment=1465859569520#c3833584559024867990

Cluck, Cluck Sew for block directions
http://cluckclucksew.com/2015/01/making-heart-blocks-in-multiple-sizes.html#lightbox/0/

If you only want to make blocks, the SFMQG is accepting blocks. 
Here's the link for that option. 


Quilts are gifts of love, and no one needs it more than these folks.

Kindness...

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.