Thursday, June 16, 2016

Progress

My dear friend, Barb, of IQF Houston fame, is sending me some blocks to use in my #QuiltsforPulse project. 
I've decided to wait for them to arrive before proceeding any further. 
Here's what I've got so far. 


When it comes to quilting, I do not enjoy following others directions.
I like to forge my own path.
But, I must admit, I'm loving working on this quilt.
The lack of creativity is completely overshadowed by the good feeling I'm getting.
There's been so much bad news, this work has been healing.
Every stitch makes me feel a little more hopeful.
Hopeful that this quilt will bring comfort to someone with unimaginable grief
             that our society will be more accepting
             that my kids & sweet Nugget will live in a better world
We all start out the same, full of innocence and love. 
What happens?




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.