Wednesday, August 5, 2015

WIPs & a Review

...Spread kindness like confetti....
I saw this saying on a sign in Marshalls & love it. 
I'm hoping to remember to sign off each post with it. 

Well...after Quiltweek Syracuse, I was determined to feather a flimsie.
I have been decent at making the feathers for a long time (read years) but just never use them.
So, I just went for it...
I was shooting for a ginkgo look, which I didn't achieve, but I still like it. 
With all Christmas flimsies I've got, I have lots of feathering practice ahead. 

I had a few tension issues that I had trouble figuring out.
I had a pin stuck in my handle that was catching in the thread path. 
<<<<insert face palm>>>>
Once I removed it, all was right with the world. 

I also dicked around with a new QST tool I got at Quiltweek.
It's called the Whirlwind Whiz.
It does make accurate QSTs.
It's a lot of steps...and trimming. 
I made a few blocks from scraps. 
All but one were perfect.
VERY LITTLE FABRIC WASTE, which I love. 
I give it a B.

We traveled to Michigan this past weekend for a wedding.
I'll blog about that soon. 
Make it a good one!

....Spread kindness like Confetti.....
(I remembered!)











No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.