Sunday, October 27, 2013

On the Frame

Many of my Quilty friends know that I have a love/hate relationship with custom.
Love to look at it, hate to make it happen.
Give me mindless freehand edge to edge and I'm in heaven. 
I like to fly along on a whim with my hair on fire.
I like the freedom and no pressure. 
If you have no plan, then there's no way to fail.
Yup, I'm the Cowardly Lion of the quilting population. 

Custom, well, it scares me. 
I avoid it like the plague.
Planning, consistency....yikes!

Barb gave me a pretty sampler flimsy when I was pregnant with baby boy.
Ok, that's an exaggeration, but, it's been here a while. 
I've used every excuse...shower, wedding, dirty hair, house hunting, rainy weather and Obamacare. 
On Wednesday, I took it off the hanger & loaded it on the frame so I couldn't avoid it.
For Pete's sake, I've been looking thru DeLoas Sampler Solutions for months trying to figure out what to do.
I had a few drawings done.
I have only used 1 so far.
I guess I'm not a planner. 

I'm surviving...barely.
I AM THE SLOWEST CUSTOM QUILTER IN THE USA.

I'm a quarter done...and I don't hate it.
I hope it keeps going well.
I hate to return quilts that I am not happy with. 
Your prayers for my survival are encouraged and appreciated. 

1 comment:

  1. I believe should not allow that flimsy to make you crazy. In fact I insist on it. Do whatever you'd like, whatever spirit moves your arms along. . . Oh, and make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy for your hair. Love to you! Barb

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.