Friday, December 19, 2014

Catching up

I've been a bad blogger.
Life gets in the way sometimes. 
I had a great week with Barb. 
Of course, it was LAST week.
Better late than never. 
Tom was away, so she brought up a flimsy to finish herself on Lola. 
Lola was pretty cooperative. 
And while she was here she ordered herself a new Lucey!
She's going to love it.
And be frustrated.
And excited.
And scared.
I'm so happy for her!
She brought Lexie, who is quite the sweetheart.
And she used my longboards to finish this number. 
Berries in the Orange Grove...and, yes, I found the lime green backing. 
(Well, it's not really a true lime, but it's close enough)
I found it I n my studio, on the shelf with wide backs. 
It was a scrap from another quilt from a few years back. 
No shopping was necessary. 
While Barb was here, we had a CNY fall blizzard. 
I'm sure you can imagine how heartbroken I was that she had to stay. 
And she got to meet Jenn at Herman's 28th bday dinner.

In other news, Frannie & I have decided on a name for our boy.
Introducing Stitch McDuffy. 
We are over the moon and can't wait til he can come to live with us.
Well, maybe Frannie can wait, but I know she'll love him to pieces. 
She just doesn't know it yet. 
After all, she loves this idiot....
And when he first moved in, she wouldn't even look at him. 
Frannie is...well...my bestie. 
We're going to love raising our new baby together. 

I also bound 3 quilts. 
Yes, 3. 
As in, THREE.
One is a gift. 
2 are unclaimed so far. 
Although both look pretty good right here on the family room. 
Finished quilts, though rare in these parts, are a thing of beauty. 

I hope to blog again before Christmas.
But, I might not...so....

I'd like to wish you all a peaceful, love filled day doing what makes you happiest with those you love. 

God bless!
And don't forget the kindness. 
XO
TOWTOHC

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and a Happy Blessed New Year!

    We (okay, daughter) adopted a kitten from the shelter as a Christmas present. I was afraid the dog wouldn't like the kitten. After a few hisses and growls they are best of buds. The OLD (18) cat and kitten curl up and sleep together. must be the Christmas spirit. LOl

    Hugs,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.