Friday, May 17, 2013

Home again



My baby is home from university. 
Finals are over. 
Dorm cleaned out. 
His freshman year is done. 
Yikes!

I picked him up at 7 this morning. 
From the looks of him, i suspect there may have been a post exam bar crawl last night. 
He was waiting for me, but I cant say he was bright eyed and bushy tailed. 
His eyes were glassy and red, and he had a green tint to him. 
But he hauled all his belongings down to the car without complaint. 
We just barely fit it all in the CRV. 
He made pleasant conversation on the ride back.
Even emptied out my truck before crashing. 

I will spend the next days nagging him to organize and eliminate things. 
But today, I will just sit here and enjoy the fact that he is home again, comatose in his bed. 
Where I can see him.
And hug him. 

I think he's happy to be home. 
One thing's for sure.....I'm happy he's here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.