Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Golf

I just don't get the fascination. 
I've gone out on the links 3 times.. 

I like to walk the course leisurely and take in all the sights. 
I like to take my time getting to my ball. 
I like to listen for birds. 
And the chipmunks are so cute. 
I like the exercise of walking. 
If I have a few bad holes, I take one or two off and try again after I've regrouped. 

This irritates them. 
They want to ride in a cart, dashing to the ball and missing all the scenery. 
They like to take out their computer thing and see how far it is to the pin. 
They want to keep score. 
They want to tell me what I'm doing wrong and 'fix me'. 
They keep saying I could be good at it.
I should take lessons, they suggest. 
I want to slap them. 
But I can't slap them. 
That would be rude. 

Worst of all, they are always trying to beat each other. 
I thought golf was a game you played against yourself. 
Not in their world. 
Although they say that's what they're doing. 
But, they're not. 
It's all about who wins. 

This is not my kind of fun.
I guess I just don't like the same things as the fellas in my family
I'm sorry I agreed to these new clubs for Mothers Day.  
I thought it would be nice spending time together. 
I'd rather meet them for a drink after they've finished. 

Sadly, it's just not for me. 
If they ask, first I shall try to think of an excuse to decline. 
Perhaps I will sit at the pool,or stay home and sew. 
If my attempts at avoidance are unsuccessful, I shall go. 
And I will try to enjoy myself.
I will resist complaining (I suspect I will fail at this)
But, I will never ask to go.
Never. 

Because, it's just dumb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.