Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My first test pattern

I volunteered to test a pattern for a young quilter who belongs to the apqs forum.
Her name is Mandy.
Her blog is http://mandalei.com/.

I love these young quilters.
They have fresh new ideas.
This pattern is paper pieced.
I have not paper pieced in a very long time.
I will not even begin to speculate how long it's been.
That would just remind me of how old I am getting to be.

I told mandy that I think I shall save it for my granddaughter.
How do I even know I will have a granddaughter?
One would think I might tackle the impending weddings before I start making quilts for imaginary relatives?
Well, if I get one, its all hers.
(& I'm sure she'll be so stinkin cute that no one will even notice the handmade quilt she's wrapped in)
And hopefully she will share my love of textiles.
This would be a dream come true.

Anyway, it's a great pattern and I wish mandy much success with it!
It's not quilted yet, and won't be for some time.
Here's the flimsy hanging on my design wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.