Friday, March 4, 2016

Hot off Lolita

In early February, I ordered a queen roll of QD 70/30 for down here. 
And, with that order, I ordered king packaged batt for a flimsy I made for Kelly. 
This one...which I may or may not have blogged about. 
After nearly a month of crazy mishaps, I finally got my batt and loaded this monster up. 
It JUST fit on my 11' table. 
Then I stressed over how to quilt it. 
It's so heavy, I wanted use as little thread as possible, yet still have a sturdy bed quilt. 
If I weren't such a pill, I could've used a loose panto. 
But I do not enjoy pantos one bit.  
Bleck!
Kelly is a serious tosser & turner.
She is also a little person, so I didn't want the bloody thing to suffocate her. 
I really wanted to graffiti quilt this, but it would've weighed more than she does. 
In the end, I just marked it up and did twisties.
Kinda like a panto, but I stood in front.
I like it!
Only 2 bobbins for the whole thing!
It still weighs a ton!
Frannie was good enough to pose on it for scale. 
The thing is big...110"x96".
And I scored a Tula Pink back for it. 
The Beatles song, Blackbird, has always been special to Kelly & me. 
Perfect, huh?

Do you think the binding fairy will come tonight?

Be kind. 




1 comment:

  1. I've started using QD wool especially on those oh-so-huge quilts...lightweight but should be perfect for Florida...cool in summer, warm in winter. Try it...I'm betting you're going to love it. Great quilt...love the backing. I'm using the tula tangerine in my next big a$$ quilt.

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.