Sunday, July 10, 2016

Black tie-ing it

Sorry...No quilts in this post.

Murray and I attended a black tie wedding. 
It was a blast. 
My friend Susan was MOG.
Having just been a MOG myself, I felt for her. 
The nerves, not being in control of anything, what will the best man say, will everyone have a good time, etc etc etc.
She came by in the morning and had her makeup done by one of Aurelia's friends. 
All the fellas were at her house getting ready. 
She was a tangle of tenseness, a mimosa helped. 
She looked gorgeous!
Too bad I didn't get a picture of her in her dress.
Truth is, Murray took all the pictures. 
I was too busy watching everything. 
Thanks, Murray. 
The ceremony was in an old church in Pompey. 
The bride was stunning. 

These 3 looked so sweet, and turned into dancing machines at the reception. 
At the church, we had champagne & sushi on the lawn following the ceremony. 
It was Jimmys first bartending gig.
I didn't get a pic of that. 
I also didn't get a pic with Miss Mary, my favorite bridesmaid. 
Ugh 
The reception was at the newly renovated Hotel Syracuse Grand Ballroom. 

They have a very romantic story.
The groom sang a love song to the bride...not a dry eye in the house. 
Such a beautiful couple!
More than half of the guests were from Australia. 
It was interesting to see the different customs.
Aussies love to drink & make speeches. 
We had a great time!







No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.