Saturday, October 31, 2015

International Quilt Festival

WARNING....LEGNTHY POST

I can cross another thing off my bucket list.
International Quilt Festival in Houston.
OMG!  What a show!
Seeing how quilts are interpreted all over the world was inspiring to say the least!
I was on Quilty Cloud 9 the whole 3 days. 

Barb (Mrs Big Pants) had a quilt hanging in the show
She invited me to stay with her at her sisters lovely home in the Houston burbs. 
I think she was afraid that the paparazzi would overwhelm her & needed a Jersey girl to feel safe while walking around the show.
Not every gets a quilt hanging in Houston, ya know. 
Here we are with the Masterpiece. 
Patti is a doll, as is her hubs, Matt. 
And I fell in love with her Gordon Setter, Mac.
(I'm really missing Frannie bad)
Anyhow, I got into Houston late on Tuesday. 
I picked up Barb (HRH) & we met our hosts for dinner and went to bed pretty early.

Wednesday morning I took a fill class with Irena Bluhm. 
Great class!  I got a lot out of it.
My class sample....
On my way to lunch after class, I ran into Gail!
Talk about perfect timing, I was so surprised!
And happy to see her. 
Her Majesty, Barb, had a class so I spent the afternoon & evening catching up with my old friend as we walked around Houston and the show floor.  
We're going to arrange a Quilty/wine excursion in the near future. 
It's been too long. 

The next 2 days we walked the floor and looked at quilts. 
The BOS was gorgeous, by Janet Stone. 
And my friend, Sue Schooch also had a quilt hanging in the show. 
It was fabulous, I was happy to see it. 
No pictures....WWIT?

I bought a few appliqué patterns for Nugette.
And 1 for myself..a great flower wallhanging by Barbara Pershing with lotsa negative space. 
A longarming book by Barbara, too.  (This is a good book, but it was a bit too 'beginner' for me)
Some seriously cute baby girl fabric for my Nuggs....
And some great corals & navy's for some special newlyweds.
And some cute paper piecing flamingo patterns. 
These are the samples. 
Some prewounds in delish colors and baby poop green.

Some seasonal appliqué patterns, snips and a FANCY PURPLE SEAM RIPPER/STILETTO. 
Do you know how long I've been looking for that?
A long time...but I had to send it home with Her Eminence Barb cause of the bloody TSA. 
(she was checking a bag...I was not)
Some Ruler Magic to try out...
I will review this when I finally use it!
Don't hold your breath...

I also made another purchase...but it's a secret for now. 

I'm almost sad ending this post, as I know it's the end of the relentless teasing of my QBFF, Barb.
But, enough is enough. 
Thank God she has a good sense of humor. 

Now, I'm back in Florida with my main squeeze.
Haven't seen him in almost a month!
More good times to come!

**spread kindness like confetti**



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.